Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT®)
COBIT® (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) has remained one of the most sought after globally recognised IT control and governance frameworks.
This fundamental course will provide participants with the COBIT® governance framework, as well as supporting toolset and documentation to enable them bridge the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
The modules will include, an overview of IT governance; COBIT® origins, development and structure; board briefing; frame-work; control objectives; IT assurance guidelines; implementation tool set; IT governance; implementation guide; control practices; COBIT® security baseline; IT control objectives for Sarbanes-Oxley; implementing and aligning COBIT® to other best practices frame-works and standards.
An additional ISACA Certification will be issued on completion of the course.
- Become better able to utilise IT measurement and management skills to mitigate organizational risk for IT and business as a whole
- Improve understanding of IT to strengthen security, using auditing IT management strategies
- Become better able to work with auditing and compliance burden of organisations, including working with passage of Sarbanes-Oxley, especially for financial institutions
- Become able to develop cost reduction strategies while improving the consistency of IT delivery
- Become able to develop comprehensive framework that assist in achieving the business objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT, as well as able to put enterprise and IT compliance and score cards at the forefront of an organisation
- To become a COBIT/ISACA certified risk manager
Rate per person
Who should attend
It is recommended for personnel who carry out IT risk management and governance duties, such as risk managers, personnel responsible for information security or conformity within an organization, member of the information security team and IT consultants and staff implementing ISO 27001.