Advances in Effectively Managing Oil & Gas Projects
Project management for oil and gas projects comes with a unique set of challenges that include the managing science, technology, and engineering aspects.
The programme will provide a step-by-step application of project management techniques, using the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) framework from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as the platform and will touch on vital concepts, tools, and techniques for managing oil and gas projects.
We review special tools such as plan, do, check, act (PDCA); define, measure, analyze, improve, control (DMAIC); suppliers, inputs, pro- cess, outputs, customers (SIPOC); design, evaluate, justify, integrate (DEJI); quality function deployment (QFD); affinity diagrams; flowcharts; Pareto charts; and histograms.
The coursee will also covers the major activities in oil and gas risk assessment, such as feasibility studies, design, transportation, utility, survey works, construction, permanent structure works, mechanical and electrical installations, and maintenance.
It will review world systems approach to managing oil and gas projects and programs, including quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Will develop a sound knowledge of the world systems framework for Oil and Gas industry and an understanding of its characteristics.
- Will be able to explain and simplify the project management body of knowledge including the utilisation of its principles.
- Able to utilise effectively the Oil and Gas project communication.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the critical path method for Oil and Gas projects and be able to utilise and explain the drag efficient -the missing quantification of time on the critical path.
- Able to work with decision tools for project management in the Oil and Gas Industry; including using project schedule forecast and control- reliable schedule forecasting in federal design and build facility procurement.
- Can use multi-attribute drilling system selection and manage construction projects in Oil and Gas Develop a sound understanding of Engineering
- Economics for Oil and Gas; as well use project risk analysis techniques
Rate per person
Who should attend
This course is recommended for personnel involved with managing projects in the oil and gas environment.
It is also vital for economic analysts and personnel responsible for monitoring and evaluation of oil & gas projects, engineers and other operations managers in the industry.