- backdrop to sustainable development and global environmental matters;
- measurement and sustainability indicators;
- environmental impact assessment, management and policy;
- advances and associations to poverty reduction;
- impacts and infrastructure development; economics, consumption, production and market failures; governance; participation;
- disaster management; international financial institutions;
international environmental agreements; and the role of civil society.
These core components are touched in one way or another by our specialist course content for clients to choose from based on relevance to their immediate environment.
The promotion of sustainable development opens up the debates surrounding our relationship with the natural world, what constitutes social progress, and the character of development in the present and into the future.
Courses combine an assessment of the institutional commitment to sustainable development at a global level, with an empirically informed discussion on challenges facing high consumption societies, economies in transition and developing world.