Advances in Contemporary Marine Logistics, Shipping & Port Management Strategies
Globalisation and the rapid boost in world trade in the past decade have contributed to greater demand for international transport and logistics and, consequently, the growth of the maritime industry.
The spectacular changes in the method of world trade and cargo transportation make it more important than ever to have a clear understanding of the way in which freight is transported by sea and the role of ports in this exchange.
The course reviews the most modern development, skills and best practices taking place in logistics and supply chain within the port and shipping industry. The course is facilitated by experts, who provide a truly global perspective on this increasingly key area of logistics.
It covers everything that practitioners of logistics, as well as those working in interdependent industries should know and understand including shipping lines, dry bulk and portcentric logistics. It is a must attend for maritime logistics personnel and those considering this specialist field.
- An overview of maritime logistics, its definition and values.
- International maritime trade and logistics. Introducing intermodal freight transport and logistics.
- An understanding of the liner service networks, in container shipping, including logistics strategies in container shipping; and tanker and dry bulk shipping logistics.
- In depth knowledge in container ports logistics and global supply chains activities.
- Organisational effectiveness in ports and logistics chains.
- An in depth understanding of logistics performance of supply chain ports.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for all levels of port and maritime operations personnel, especially those such as senior managers, managers and supervisors in the marine and port terminals.