Design and Execution of Strategic Leadership in Aviation
Strategic leadership involves the ability to design and execute clear cut strategies.
This programme is specially designed to provide an intensely practical guide to this critically important topic – strategic leadership, with particular emphasis in the aviation industry. It is comprehensive in coverage and easy-to understand in delivery style, and it therefore allows participants to understand the principles and practicalities of crafting and executing business strategies within an aviation context.
The outcome is a comprehensive and multi-faceted discussion in a learning environment, which includes applied case studies on a wide range of airlines and aviation businesses, setting out how these organizations deal with strategy formulation and implementation in critical areas. Modules to be re-viewed will include: corporate strategy, generic strategy, competitive strategy, internal and external environment assessment, mergers, alliances, safety and security.
This course is highly relevant for top management and senior aviation professionals involved in aviation strategy, aviation management and aviation operations, it will also be of great interest to aviation professionals in a variety of different fields, including airlines, corporate aviation, consultancy, etc., as well as academics within the field of aviation leadership, strategy and management.
- Become better aware of the crux of strategy in any organisation and reason for its extreme importance.
- Understand clearly the reasons for strategic positioning and sustaining a market presence.
- Become able to defend the essence of competitive strategies, both vertical and horizontal competition.
- Gain a better understanding of purposes and impact of the external and internal environments.
- Become able to set and guide adoption of corporate direction.
- Become conversant with establishment of strategy in leadership.
- Become more aware of aviation strategy implementation.
- Become better able to manage strategy execution through tracking, support systems, and controls.
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for chief executive officers, chief financial officers, financial directors, including other senior and middle management personnel such as general managers, deputy general managers and assistants.