Digitalization and Automation of Aviation Library Materials (for Effective Information Service Delivery)
The demand from library users for digital and audio-visual materials as well as remote access combined with the unceasing deterioration and inaccessibility of many audio-visual formats requires libraries to adapt their collections to meet current and future demands.
This specialist programme discusses the changing landscape of digitization and resource management, and presents an opportunity to bolster the library’s relevancy and competitiveness. It provides a concise guide to real world essentials, broad perceptions, and useful needs from library technologies, collections to promotion.
It is presented in an easy-to-understand manner and ensures that the ongoing management of digital audio-visual resources is exemplified by real world scenarios. It helps participants to think through pertinent issues, including balancing many factors and needs for library collections; dealing with limited resources; working with materials with different levels of significance and different levels of preservation risk; factors for decision making; resources for other options, etc.
- Better understand the basics of managing digital audiovisual re-sources in aviation libraries.
- Develop a renewed understanding of management and evaluation of library collections, including picking a direction and developing sound pathways for these collections.
- Become better able to plan for digitization, including managing digitization, selecting equipment, and applying new standards and best practices.
- Able to develop sound presentation skills and create better access to service users, especially for digital enhancement and promotion.
- Participate in group action planning sessions to design personalised information delivery strategies for the aviation sector.
Who should attend
This specialist programme is recommended for senior and middle level managers in the library sector of specialist industries such as aviation, marine, and others that manage public sector information for technical and other personnel.