Efficient Inventory and Logistics Management Techniques
This programme provides a detailed analysis of business realities, and decision-making that balances current demand with future needs while keeping overhead and operating costs to a minimum.
It provides store managers and inventory professionals with practical information they need to maximize productivity in key areas, from physical stock issues, problem identification and resolution to technologies like RFID and other automated inventory management mechanisms.
The programme comprehensively analyses such practical issues as: forecasting and replenishment strategies; differences between retail and manufacturing inventories; materials requirements planning and just-in-time inventory systems; simple formulas for calculating quantities and schedules; management of inventory as a physical reality and a monetary value; and supply chain risk management.
It introduces new web based fleet management skills and suggest simple utilisation strategies. It includes detailed case studies, handy tools, expanded modules and a thorough how-to-do guide that is perfect for both instructional and on-the-job use.
The programme is delivered with key tools and skills essential for day-to-day procurement and facilities management operations, and is a must-attend for personnel with roles in procurement and facilities management.
- Gain renewed knowledge in tangible and intangible inventory management techniques.
- Become better aware of monetary aspects of stores and inventory management.
- Become better able to manage issues of physical location and control of inventory.
- Become aware of automatic identification systems.
- Understand renewed store planning and replenishment concepts.
- Become better aware of reasons for inventory systems failure and how to resolve them.
- Understand the basics of supply chain risk management.
- Understand the use of web based facility for facilities management and analysis.
Who should attend
This programme is of particular benefit to top/middle level officers involved in procurement, facilities management, stores and stock management, fleet management, inventory and logistics of goods/services as well as finance and accounts managers in public, private and civil societies organisations. It is particularly valuable for facilities management practitioners in specialist industries as marine, aviation and construction.