Leadership Excellence and Development for Senior Management Teams
This executive programme will be hosted by the Coventry University at its London Campus.
This comprehensive leadership development programme spans 10 days and offers a series of intrinsically connected programmes for managers to become more efficient leaders and master the act of strategic management.
It develops soft and strategic skills, and enhances the people development skills of leaders, including mentoring them for future leadership roles.
Leadership is more effective when leaders possess the ability to get their projects executed by their team members seamlessly. In light of this, the module on Situational Leadership brings forth an insight into the situational leadership model by Hershey–Blanchard and gives a framework for leaders and managers to match their behaviours with the performance needs of the individual or group that they attempt to influence.
The Strategic Planning module has been designed to cover all the fundamentals needed for effective strategic planning. It is intended for those wanting to develop their strategic awareness and prepare themselves for career enhancement, as well as those wanting to refresh their strategic planning skills.
In today’s world, where projects are growing in size and complexity at an exponential rate, the importance of mastering project management is now more crucial than ever before. With the implementation of cutting– edge technologies, development of multi–national collaborations and the demand for increased levels in production, safety and quality previously considered unachievable, the way in which projects are managed has had to take a quantum leap forward.
The programme includes a module in business communication which assists delegates with the language and communications skills necessary to ensure that they can not only relay your message and ideas
effectively, but that their communication carries the desired impact. Good communication skills are a key part of managing individual employee performance; with good communication skills, one will know how to give clear feedback on performance without negatively impacting the self–esteem of others.
This is therefore a must-attend for current chief executives and senior managers/directors preparing for such roles.
- Understand the different alternative styles of management and how they have each shape approaches to leadership
- Learn about Ken Blanchard’s Model and review the 4 situational leadership styles and their application
- Review the various leadership styles and their applicability in real life examples
- Understand the importance of clear vision, mission and values statements
- Be able to develop objectives for individuals and teams/departments feeding into corporate goals
- Be able to use strategic planning tools to develop strategic options
- Understand the nature of project complexity and the project life–cycle, including the use of the twenty project management sequence steps
- Be able to define and manage project roles and responsibilities, and understand how to keep projects under control, within schedule and budget
- Be better able to translate strategy into a communication plan to deliver and analyse stakeholders as well as upcoming issues
- Understand the external communication field including media, crisis, branding, partnerships, social media, and reputation management skills
- And lots more.
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for professionals at senior levels, including board members and management team, chief executives of MDAs, directors, heads of the department, project leaders and strategic planners.